About our Courses
Our 8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) courses in Gosford include weekly meetings in a relaxed, welcoming group setting and one all-day retreat.
Our weekly group meets for 2.5 hours, and the course includes a full-day retreat on a Sunday. The class includes:
- Guided mindfulness meditation training (1.5 hours per evening).
- Training in gentle yoga movement and body awareness.
- Exploring and understanding the physiology of stress.
- In a shared environment, exploring the impact of habitual patterns of thinking, feeling and action.
- Practices to apply mindfulness to everyday life, including the workplace.
You receive individual attention to help develop your skills plus useful course materials and a home practice plan to aid your progress.
All our courses are based upon the seven attitudinal foundations of mindfulness practice.
We arrange an introductory phone meeting with your instructor to answer questions and help you get oriented before the course begins.
Course instructor Dean Wooding is a highly experienced mindfulness teacher and an associate of Openground, Australia’s leading mindfulness-training organisation.
Listen to Dean guiding the mindfulness of breathing practice.
While apps and brief introductions can provide a taste of mindfulness practice, nothing is more natural for integrating these techniques into your daily life than a supportive group and an experienced teacher, definitely best for discovering personal insights and making long-lasting change.
You will be redirected to the Openground website.
- Term 1 – 2018: Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction – 8 Week Course
8 Week Course, commences Monday, 5th February 2018, 6:30 – 9:00 pm, Narara, Gosford
THIS BOOKING PAGE WILL BE PUBLISHED SOON.
NOTE: We are committed to keeping mindfulness courses accessible to all. If you are a health care card-holder or experiencing financial hardship, please contact Dean to discuss a concession price or payment plan.