What can I expect from an MBSR Course?
The 8-week MBSR class can be a life-changing experience. To fully benefit, we recommend you carefully plan to attend each week and establish a daily practice time at home.
Our weekly group meets for 2.5 hours, and the course includes a full-day retreat on a Sunday. The class includes:
- Guided mindfulness meditation training (1.5 hours per evening).
- Training in gentle yoga movement and body awareness.
- Exploring and understanding the physiology of stress.
- In a shared environment, exploring the impact of habitual patterns of thinking, feeling and action.
- Techniques to apply mindfulness to everyday life, including the workplace.
- Individual feedback and support.
You will also receive:
- Access to materials on guided practices and your course book via Dropbox and USB.
What you will need:
- A commitment to 30 – 45 minutes of daily practice and some at-home reading.
Prior to registration, we will schedule a brief phone introduction/orientation with the teacher to answer your questions and ensure the programme is right for you.
Does the 8 week MBSR courses lead to effective change?
MBSR and MBCT (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy) are thoroughly-researched, well-established approaches to reducing stress, depression and anxiety as well as pain and other medical concerns.
Those who fully engage in our courses report significant results, based on detailed questionnaires our participants complete at the end of the course.
Do you have discounted places for people on low income?
Yes. We are committed to keeping the MBSR program as accessible as possible to everyone, and we will take your personal financial situation into account. Please ask about our ‘scholarship application.’ By completing the form, you give us the opportunity to recommend a discount or payment plan just for you. Health care cardholders are especially encouraged to apply.
How much does it cost for workplace training?
Every organisation is unique and we tailor our programme accordingly. The following guide is approximate only:
- A six-week, 1.5 hour lunchtime programme may cost $500 – $250 per participant (minimum 12).
- An all-day workshop programme may cost $3,500 -1,200 (maximum of 25 participants).
- A 2-hour introductory ‘taster’ session may cost $600 – $300.
Please contact us to discuss your organisation’s requirements.