What can I expect from an MBSR Course?
For best results, we would recommend participants carefully plan to keep the space to attend each week and set up a home practice slot. You can expect:
- 2.5-hour class once a week for 8 weeks + one full-day retreat on a Sunday.
- USB and Dropbox access of guided practices and course book.
- Your commitment to 30 – 45 min daily practice and some reading during the course.
- Guided mindfulness meditation training (1.5 hours per evening).
- Gentle yoga movement and body awareness training; Exploration of stress physiology.
- Exploration of habitual patterns of thinking, feeling and action in a shared environment.
- Applying mindfulness to everyday life, including the workplace.
- Individual feedback and support upon request.
As part of the pre-booking and booking process, we ask participants to undertake a telephone orientation session with the teacher to discuss the programme and ensure it is right for you.
Does the 8 week MBSR courses lead to effective change?
The effectiveness of MBSR and MBCT (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy) courses in reducing stress, depression and anxiety, and to manage pain and other medical conditions, are well researched. This video presents a great introduction. And for more research resources, please visit the Openground Science page.
We ask participants to complete a detailed questionnaire at the end of the course. In our experience, participants who fully engage with course expectations report significant results.
Do you have discounted places for people on low income?
We have a commitment to making the MBSR program as accessible as possible. To this end, we offer discounted places and payment plans. Upon request, we will send you a a ‘scholarship application’ form. You return this to us and we will take into account your circumstances and offer you a discount or payment plan.
How much does it cost for workplace training?
Each programme is individually tailored to the organisation. However, as an approximate guide;
- A six-week lunchtime (1.5 hour) programme may cost $500 – $250 per participant (minimum 12).
- An all-day workshop programme may cost $3,500 -1,200 (maximum of 25 participants).
- A 2-hour introductory taster session may cost $600 – $300.
Please contact us to discuss your organisation requirements.