Mindfulness is a path of training that can be learned and practiced by anyone, no matter what their religious or cultural background. The mindfulness skills we teach have been shown to be highly effective in reducing stress and enhancing well-being. People taking Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) courses like ours report that as a result of the course they:
- Find new and effective ways of managing their stress.
- Reduce their anxiety levels.
- Learn to handle their thoughts, moods and emotions more effectively.
- Are better able to deal with physical, mental, social and emotional issues.
- Live their lives more fully in the present.
The effective results of 8 week MBSR and MBCT courses are well known and studied by science. Whilst cheaper shorter courses and apps can provide a taste of mindfulness practice, they are unlikely to give time for you to effectively explore your personal insights and provide the supportive group learning to commence effective change.
After the course ends, for many participants, ongoing support and guidance is vital in maintaining a lasting mindfulness practice. Dean will establish an ongoing practice group at or near the Narara Eco-Village (near Gosford).
Dean is now an associate of Openground and will be leading the following courses and activities at the Wyoming Community Centre, Gosford.
You will be redirected to the Openground website.
- Mindfulness Taster Session Monday
31 July 2017, 6:30–8:00pm.
- Term 3: Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
8 Week Course, Monday 7 August 2017, 6:30–9:00pm.
- Mindfulness Taster Session
Monday 16 October 2017, 6:30–8:00pm.
- Term 4: Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
8 Week Course, commences Monday 23 October, 6:30–9:00pm.
Our goal is to keep the course accessible to all those who could benefit. Health care card-holders and those experiencing financial hardship are welcome to contact Dean to discuss a concession price or payment plan.